Most Likely to Succeed ....

Kia ora.

An interesting title for an educational documentary that was viewed here at Lytton tonight. Most people that had seen the trailer are fairly excited, myself included.

I'm wondering what conceptions will be challenged for me about our current education system and of course my own personal beliefs. So, will this documentary provide answers? I don't think so, what I think it will provide is the opportunity for genuine conversation about how our education system evolving in New Zealand? Is it evolving?


I'm very interested about the tensions such as what is high school for "ace the test" or "do well in life"

This evening I connected strong with publicly exhibiting work as a key platform to show/share what learning has occurred. this resonates strongly with what I understand about the Big Picture Learning movement.

Exhibition night was and is an amazing concept! Larry Rosenstock shared an insight/belief about the powerful moment (for these students) in "...making something that wasn't there before".

It was the reflection process post the exhibition evening that really blew me away!

If you get the chance - watch this documentary! It is a must view! "...students working on things with a sense of purpose" (quote from documentary)

Mauri ora!

Comments

Popular Posts